1. In the Vedic society, which was the term used to denote a group of families?
2. What was the script used in the earliest Tamil inscriptions?
3. Which ports handled the north Indian trade during the Gupta period?
4. Which Tomar ruler is credited to have established Delhi?
5. Who was the Sultan of Delhi who is reputed to have built the biggest network
of canals in India?
Feroze Shan Tughlaq
6. Which school of paintings developed independently during the Mughal Period?
The Bijapur School
7. Which ‘Englishmen was fellow of Gandhiji in South Africa?
8. Who com merited that Cripps Mission was a postdated cheque on a crashing
9. At which one place did Mahatma Gandhi first start his Satyagraha in India?
10. Bhakt Tukaram was a contemporary of which Mughal emperor?
11. Who was called Zinda Pir (living saint) in Mughal India?
12. In which nomad man started settling?
13. Rigveda is divided into 10 books. Which books are the oldest?
Second and seventh
14. Who was the last of the 24th Jain Tirthankaras?
15. Which site, where Ashokan pillars exist, has the bull capital?
16. During which reign was Kalidasa lived?
17. Which Rashtrakuta ruler established a victory pillar in Rameshwaram?
18. Who was the last ruler of the Tughlaq dynasty of the Delhi Sultanate?
19. The ruler which was not invited to join the confederacy to fight against Vijaynagar
in the battle of Talikota?
20. Who was the Afghan ruler of India whose administrative system was emulated
by the British?
Sher Shah Suri
21. Whose tomb is ‘Biwi Ka Maqbara’?
22. Who organised a Maratha confederacy against the English leading to the Third
Anglo Maratha War?
23. By whom was Shuddhi movement (conversion of non-Hindus to Hinduism)
Swami Dayanand Saraswati
24. “The best and bravest of the military leader of the rebels” about whom was this
said by Sir Hugh Rose?
Rani of Jhansi
25. During India’s Freedom Struggle, which led to the first ‘All India Hartal’?
Protest against Rowlatt Act
26. In ancient India, at where was the earliest capital of Magadha kingdom?
27. Which Rajputa king defeated Muhammad Ghori for the first time?
28. Which region of India was ruled by Sultan Zainul Abidin?
29. Sirajuddaulah was defeated by Lord Clive in which battle?
30. Near the banks of which river excavations have brought to light that Indus Valley
Civilization percolated to far south?
PART-2 (10 mins)
1. The term nishka, which meant an ornament in the Vedic period, was used in
latertirnes, what did it denote?
2. Which are Tile earliest Buddhist literature that deal with the stories of the various
birth of Buddha?
3. Which was the most important factor in transforming ancient Indian society into
Practice of land grants
4. By whom was the ‘Shahnama’ written?
5. The Portuguese traveller, Nuniz visited Vijayanagar during the reign of which
6. Which Mughal Emperor gave land for the construction of the Golden Temple at
7. Under the leadership of which Guru did the Sikh become a political and military
Guru Gobind Singh
8. Which decisive battle was fought during the Third Carnatic War between the
English and the French?
9. The ruler of which State was removed from power by the British on the protext
10. What was the original name of Tansen, the most famous musician at the court
11. Which Indian ruler established embassies in foreign countries. on modern lines?
12. When was the Indus Valley Civilization flourished?
During 2500-1750 B.C
13. What are the main channels of our knowledge about the Indus Valley
14. What was the rate of land revenue as ‘given in the dharma shastras?
15. In which country was Buddhism first propagated outside India?
16. Who was well-known patron of the Mahayana of Buddhism?
17. Which Gupta king is famous for his courageous stand against the Hunas?
18. To which work is Devichandraguptam related?
Chandra Gupta II
19. Who is most famous for” the establishment of an elaborate system of municipal
20. By whom was the city of Agra founded in 1504?
21. Why did Muhammad-bin-Tughlaq transfer his capital from Delhi to
To control South India better
22. During which reign was the East India Company founded in London?
23. Who was known as ‘Lady with Lamp’?
24. Which Rajput dynasties did not surrender to Akbar?
25. Where was Shivaji crowned as an independent king?
26. Which saint name is associated with Shivaji?
27. By whom was Island of Bombay was given to the English Prince Charles II as dowry? Portuguese
28. Which first Europeans came to India? Portuguese
29. During which movement was ‘Mahatma’ added before Gandhiji’s name? Champaran satyagraha
30. Who was impeached in England for his actions in India?